- Tracker battery life is shorter than expected.
- Tracker doesn’t appear to charge correctly.
- Tracker appears to charge but doesn’t respond when removed from the charging cable.
Confirm Connection with Charging Cable
Remove the cap from your UP24 then connect your band to the USB charging cable, making sure the band's charging plug snaps into place.
Click here for step-by-step charging instructions.
Verify Power Source
Attempt to charge your tracker using a different USB port, computer or wall outlet to determine whether the power source is causing the issue.
Turn Off Extra Alarms
Review your alarms, alerts and reminders and disable any that are not needed. This will help your tracker last longer between charges.
Pause Automatic Syncing
The UP App automatically syncs with your band every 20 minutes—which reduces your tracker’s battery life. To pause automatic syncing, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device then turn it on again whenever you’re ready to sync.
Fully Charge Your Tracker
Although your tracker will partially charge after just 5 minutes, we recommend fully charging your band before use. Your UP24 can last up to 14 days on a full charge. Please note a full charge takes approximately 60–90 minutes.
Perform a Soft Reset
- Plug the USB charging cable into a powered USB port.
- Press and hold the button on your UP24.
- Continue pressing the button while you plug the band into the charging cable.
- When the band’s status lights flash a rainbow pattern, release the button.
- Sync your band with the UP App to complete the soft reset process.